The Small Enterprise Assistance Funds (SEAF) provides long term patient capital to small and medium enterprises (SMEs) in frontier markets. With over 20 years of experience working in these markets SEAF has seen the need for technical assistance for entrepreneurs in order to get them investment ready. In 2008 SEAF opened its first Center of Entrepreneurship and Executive Development (CEED) in order to provide trainings, mentoring and a network for entrepreneurs.
The Center for Entrepreneurship and Executive Development (CEED) uniquely provides programs designed to develop a new generation of internationally oriented entrepreneurs. Through these programs CEED develops communities of high growth entrepreneurs and uses experiential learning facilitated by industry professionals to provide the know-how and networks entrepreneurs need to scale their businesses. CEED benefits those who want sophisticated yet practical training, connections to finance and access to new markets. Most entrepreneurs in the CEED network have successfully grown their businesses in their local markets but have faced many challenges along the way. CEED gives these entrepreneurs an avenue to share their stories among a cohort of peers and learn about concrete mechanisms to overcome their challenges.
The Communications intern will help develop and manage SEAF and CEED’s marketing, communications and business development programs. The intern will work closely with the Senior Manager of Strategic Development of CEED and the COO of SEAF to manage existing communications and develop new engaging content. This position will also be responsible for identifying prospective funders, partners and to help CEED scale its model to new regions. In addition to developing creative engagement strategies, writing grant proposals and managing external marketing materials, the communications intern will managing CEED’s social media presence.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of related experience, preferably in marketing, fundraising, public relations and/or business development. Candidates with investing or social enterprise experience preferred.
- Exceptional written communication skills. Qualified candidates will enjoy writing and be able to develop marketing materials for a range or audiences.
- Committed to SEAF’s mission of creating entrepreneurial ecosystems in emerging and frontier markets.
- Entrepreneurial work style, ability to work independently, think creatively, and identify resources to get the job done.
- The intern should be available for at least 6 months (part or full time)
- Working knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Joomla, Word Press and other relevant platforms
Please submit a resume and a cover letter describing your interest, qualifications and how you learned of the position to Anne Park, Director of Strategy and Development at firstname.lastname@example.org. Type “Communications Intern-YOUR NAME” in the subject line of your email. Due to the high volume of applicants only candidates invited to interview will be contacted.