The Inaugural business envoy to New York City (NYC) marked the launch of the CEED Global Club. The CEED Global Club is an exclusive club for growth-oriented entrepreneurs and industry leaders in the CEED network interested in meeting other like-minded entrepreneurs who are looking to expand their networks and learn about best practices around the world. The NYC envoy gave club members a unique opportunity to get an insiders perspective of NYC and it’s entrepreneurial ecosystem through the eyes of industry experts, thought leaders, leading investors and seasoned entrepreneurs.
The trip started off with a tour of the New York Stock Exchange led by Edward Schreier, Head of Trading at Deutsche Bank. The days were packed with dynamic meetings ranging from roundtables with CEO’s of venture backed companies to pitch sessions with prominent angel investors. 22 entrepreneurs participated in the envoy coming from Morocco, Slovenia, Macedonia, Kosovo, Armenia, Serbia and Croatia.
While in New York the group met with:
- Eric Schurenberg, President and Editor-in-Chief of Inc. Magazine
- Josh Siegel, General Partner of Rubicon Ventures
- Ted Oberwager, Principal at KKR
- Paul Sethi, CEO Redbooks
- John Kaminsy, Founder and CEO of Canvas
- Jacob Weisberg, Chairman and Editor In Chief of Slate Magazine
- Paul Butler, COO of Sparks & Honey
- Stephanie LaBudde, Technical Sales Engineer at Qualtrics
- David Beatty, Angel Investor at Golden Seeds
- Lisa Balter Saachs, VP Global Business Development at Gust
- Jen de la Vega, Community Manager at Flipboard
- Chris Stueart, Program Director at Food-X
- Graham Head, CEO of ABC Carpets
- Dave Morgan, CEO Simulmedia
The entrepreneurs also attended pitch events, tech meet ups and took in all NYC had to offer including shows on Broadway and all the international cuisine one could think of.
“This trip changed my mind-set and gave me some ideas I can apply to by business tomorrow.”-Global Club Member
“Coming to NYC gave me a much needed break and provided the inspiration I needed to go back to my company refreshed and full of ideas.”-Global Club Member
The CEED Global Club not only hosts envoys for its members but also plans to launch an “Ask the Expert” series which will connect industry leaders like the ones met on the trip to the club members virtually. The “Ask the Expert” series will begin in August. More information about joining the Club can be found on CEED Global’s website at www.ceed-global.org.