Small Enterprise Assistance Funds (SEAF) is seeking a Chief of Party for an anticipated, five-year, $20+ million USDA-funded Food for Progress (FFPr) project in Colombia. The Food for Progress program seeks to increase agricultural productivity in developing countries through grants funded through the sale of commodities donated by USDA. The project in Colombia will focus on the cocoa value chain and adjacent sectors.
The Chief of Party will provide management and strategic direction to the project and will be responsible for the implementation of project activities and the achievement of results. The Chief of Party will manage in-country operations, including supervision and recruitment of staff, oversight of project finances, and implementation of the project work plan. The Chief of Party will also have oversight of program communications and reporting to USDA, and development of procedures for selecting project beneficiaries and monitoring and evaluating investment activities and technical assistance interventions to ensure deliverables and milestones are met. The Chief of Party will be responsible for managing effective coordination across all program stakeholders, including the project’s strategic partners. This position is located in Colombia and is contingent on the FFPr grant being awarded to SEAF.
- Master’s degree in international / economic development, agriculture, or other related field required.
- Minimum 10 years of management experience on multifaceted donor-funded development programs.
- Ability to work collaboratively across technical disciplines, communicate effectively orally and in writing, and develop and maintain relationships with S. and foreign governments, development partners, and civil society.
- Experience with USAID, USDA, and / or an international NGO.
- Experience with agriculture value chain competitiveness and private sector development is preferred.
- Experience designing and implementing monitoring and evaluation plans for development programs is preferred.
- Previous work experience in Latin America, especially Colombia, is highly desirable.
- Fluency in English is required, proficiency in Spanish is preferred.
Submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 20, 2020. Please write “Chief of Party – Colombia” in the subject line of your email. No telephone inquiries please. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
SEAF is a global fund management company headquartered in Washington, DC that invests in small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) in emerging and frontier markets, seeking both financial returns and impact on economic and social development; and providing technical assistance to improve the performance of the enterprises. SEAF, with committed capital of $1.3 billion, has more than 30 years of experience with 40 funds in over 30 countries. SEAF also supports 11 Centers for Entrepreneurship and Development (CEED) around the world (www.ceed-global.org), providing training, mentoring, professional networks and global access to entrepreneur-run businesses. For more about SEAF, visit www.seaf.com.